A separate integration tests number/success rate report

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A separate integration tests number/success rate report

Marcin Zajączkowski
Hi,

Sonar shows a test success report (for Maven project) only for unit
tests (run by surefire). To make visible also a total number (and
failures) of integration tests (run by failsafe) it is required to
change reportsDirectory for failsafe to a surefire-reports directory.

A drawback of that configuration is to have statistics like success
rate, number of tests or execution time common for those two groups of
tests (in a tests widget, but also when generating overall statistics
over time for specific parameters).

Is there a plan (I wasn't able to find it in Jira) to have a separate
stats (like number of tests) for integration tests (like for code
coverage already)?

Marcin


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: A separate integration tests number/success rate report

David Thomas
Sonar 3.4.1 and upwards supports integration test report. You just have to add the integration test report widget to your dashboards.

Thanks!
David


-----Original Message-----
From: Marcin Zajączkowski [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 8:40 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [sonar-user] A separate integration tests number/success rate report

Hi,

Sonar shows a test success report (for Maven project) only for unit tests (run by surefire). To make visible also a total number (and
failures) of integration tests (run by failsafe) it is required to change reportsDirectory for failsafe to a surefire-reports directory.

A drawback of that configuration is to have statistics like success rate, number of tests or execution time common for those two groups of tests (in a tests widget, but also when generating overall statistics over time for specific parameters).

Is there a plan (I wasn't able to find it in Jira) to have a separate stats (like number of tests) for integration tests (like for code coverage already)?

Marcin


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A separate integration tests number/success rate report

David Racodon-2
In reply to this post by Marcin Zajączkowski
Hi Marcin,

Here's the JIRA ticket you can vote for: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-4101

Regards,


David RACODON | SonarSource
Senior Consultant


On 2 April 2013 11:10, Marcin Zajączkowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Sonar shows a test success report (for Maven project) only for unit tests (run by surefire). To make visible also a total number (and failures) of integration tests (run by failsafe) it is required to change reportsDirectory for failsafe to a surefire-reports directory.

A drawback of that configuration is to have statistics like success rate, number of tests or execution time common for those two groups of tests (in a tests widget, but also when generating overall statistics over time for specific parameters).

Is there a plan (I wasn't able to find it in Jira) to have a separate stats (like number of tests) for integration tests (like for code coverage already)?

Marcin


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

   http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A separate integration tests number/success rate report

Marcin Zajączkowski
In reply to this post by David Thomas
Thanks for your reply.

On 2013-04-02 18:24, Robert Thomas, Silas David Jonathan wrote:
> Sonar 3.4.1 and upwards supports integration test report. You just have to add the integration test report widget to your dashboards.

I know that and after I configured my project to feed Sonar with IT
coverage I noticed that number of IT test and their success ratio aren't
covered by this widget (and Sonar metrics generally). But there is a
chance I missed something. Are you talking about this widget?
http://www.sonarsource.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/overall_code_coverage.jpg

Marcin



> -----Original Message-----
> From: Marcin Zajączkowski [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 8:40 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [sonar-user] A separate integration tests number/success rate report
>
> Hi,
>
> Sonar shows a test success report (for Maven project) only for unit tests (run by surefire). To make visible also a total number (and
> failures) of integration tests (run by failsafe) it is required to change reportsDirectory for failsafe to a surefire-reports directory.
>
> A drawback of that configuration is to have statistics like success rate, number of tests or execution time common for those two groups of tests (in a tests widget, but also when generating overall statistics over time for specific parameters).
>
> Is there a plan (I wasn't able to find it in Jira) to have a separate stats (like number of tests) for integration tests (like for code coverage already)?
>
> Marcin


--
http://blog.solidsoft.info/ - Working code is not enough


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A separate integration tests number/success rate report

Marcin Zajączkowski
In reply to this post by David Racodon-2
On 2013-04-02 19:47, David Racodon wrote:
> Hi Marcin,
>
> Here's the JIRA ticket you can vote for:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-4101

I had to missed it. Thanks.

Marcin


> On 2 April 2013 11:10, Marcin Zajączkowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sonar shows a test success report (for Maven project) only for unit tests
>> (run by surefire). To make visible also a total number (and failures) of
>> integration tests (run by failsafe) it is required to change
>> reportsDirectory for failsafe to a surefire-reports directory.
>>
>> A drawback of that configuration is to have statistics like success rate,
>> number of tests or execution time common for those two groups of tests (in
>> a tests widget, but also when generating overall statistics over time for
>> specific parameters).
>>
>> Is there a plan (I wasn't able to find it in Jira) to have a separate
>> stats (like number of tests) for integration tests (like for code coverage
>> already)?
>>
>> Marcin


--
http://blog.solidsoft.info/ - Working code is not enough


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: A separate integration tests number/success rate report

softwareforums2013
In reply to this post by David Thomas
Hi David,

I do not see integration test report widget.

I do see Integraton Tests Coverage Widget (sonar 3.7) which reports on code coverage by integration test. When both the code coverage by unit tests and by integration tests are available, an overall code coverage is also computed and displayed in this widget.

But Integration Tests coverage Widget do not provide report on total number of test(failed and pass) just the code coverage.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: A separate integration tests number/success rate report

David Racodon-2
Hi,

Indeed. Feel free to follow and vote for http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-4101.

Regards,


David RACODON | SonarSource
Senior Consultant

---------------------------------------------
  Sign up to our newsletter here!
---------------------------------------------


On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM, softwareforums2013 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

I do not see integration test report widget.

I do see Integraton Tests Coverage Widget (sonar 3.7) which reports on code
coverage by integration test. When both the code coverage by unit tests and
by integration tests are available, an overall code coverage is also
computed and displayed in this widget.

But Integration Tests coverage Widget do not provide report on total number
of test(failed and pass) just the code coverage.



--
View this message in context: http://sonarqube.15.x6.nabble.com/A-separate-integration-tests-number-success-rate-report-tp5010788p5019798.html
Sent from the SonarQube Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A separate integration tests number/success rate report

santhoshkumar
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by Marcin Zajączkowski
By doing this will we be able to see the Integration test cases that are failing?