[ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0 and 2.0 Released

[ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0 and 2.0 Released

Simon
Administrator
We are pleased to announce the final releases of the Sonar Maven Plugin.

Release 1.0 supports Maven 2 and release 2.0 is for Maven 3. This document explains how to fix the plugin version in pom files.
http://mojo.codehaus.org/sonar-maven-plugin

Release Notes
  • Bug
    • [MSONAR-5] - Incorrect URL constructed in ServerMetadata
  • Improvement
    • [MSONAR-9] - Remove the dependency on commons-io
    • [MSONAR-8] - Fix potential conflicts with Sonar plugins by removing the dependency on commons-lang
Enjoy.

Re: [ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0 and 2.0 Released

Julien HENRY-3
Hi Simon,

Is it really a good thing to lock down sonar plugin version in pom? In case there is a new plugin version, it will require to update all the poms in our company (at least to bump version of parent pom). I was really in favor of Sonar being not intrusive in Maven build.
Question: if we fix the version in pom, is there a way to force to another version from the outside (for example in the Jenkins plugin configuration)? In other word: will mvn org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-maven-plugin:X.Y:sonar override the version that is locked in the pom?

One use case is when we analyze old project tags to rebuild history: if sonar plugin is locked somewhere in the project pom or parent hierarchy, maybe it will prevent sonar analysis.

Regards,

Julien

>________________________________
>De : Simon Brandhof <[hidden email]>
>À : [hidden email]; [hidden email]; [hidden email]
>Envoyé le : Lundi 7 Novembre 2011 10h41
>Objet : [sonar-user] [ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0 and 2.0 Released
>

>We are pleased to announce the final releases of the Sonar Maven Plugin.
>

>Release 1.0 supports Maven 2 and release 2.0 is for Maven 3. This document explains how to fix the plugin version in pom files.
>http://mojo.codehaus.org/sonar-maven-plugin
>
>Release Notes
>
>    * Bug
>    * [MSONAR-5] - Incorrect URL constructed in ServerMetadata
>    * Improvement
>    * [MSONAR-9] - Remove the dependency on commons-io
>    * [MSONAR-8] - Fix potential conflicts with Sonar plugins by removing the dependency on commons-lang
>Enjoy.

Re: [ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0 and 2.0 Released

bimargulies
You will have to add a dependency clause to the plugin declaration to
move to an new Solar. AFAIK, there's no other way.