[ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0-beta-2

Simon Brandhof-2
The Sonar team is pleased to announce the release of Sonar Maven Plugin, version 1.0-beta-2.
It makes configuration easier when using a repository manager like Archiva or Nexus. Indeed no additional settings are required anymore ! Let's remind that the version 1.0-beta-1 needs to declare a mirror in maven settings or to add a new repository to the manager.

This improvement requires Sonar 2.2+. It is automatically disabled when using sonar 2.1 or less. Upgrading to this version should be automatic if the shortcut "mvn sonar:sonar" or the hudson plugin are used.

Simon Brandhof

Re: [ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0-beta-2

Jorg Heymans-3
Hi,

So this means i don't need to put a <repository> element in settings.xml anymore ?

Jorg

Simon Brandhof

That's it, if you use sonar >= 2.2.

Re: [ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0-beta-2

Jorg Heymans-3
How would this work then if the <repository> element is linked to a <server> section containing username/password credentials ?

Reason i'm asking is that since we switched our internal nexus repo to https and authentication is required, our sonar jobs started failing with this exception:

Project ID: org.codehaus.mojo:sonar-maven-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.codehaus.mojo:sonar-maven-plugin' from the repository: Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list that is not appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.codehaus.mojo:sonar-maven-plugin:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:

 for project org.codehaus.mojo:sonar-maven-plugin

Is this a known issue ?

Jorg

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Simon Brandhof <[hidden email]> wrote:

So this means i don't need to put a <repository> element in settings.xml anymore ?

That's it, if you use sonar >= 2.2.

Re: [ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0-beta-2

Olivier Gaudin-2
Hi Jorg,

This means that your nexus is pointing to a snapshot repo for plugins. If you want to keep this, you should be fixing sonar plugin version. It has nothing to do with the release of Plugin 1.0-beta-2.

Olivier

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Jorg Heymans <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Evgeny Mandrikov
Hi Jorg,

Why you don't want to disable Codehaus snapshot repository?
And about Hudson Sonar Plugin - here is an issue : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARPLUGINS-422

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 17:43, Jorg Heymans <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

From maven commandline i guess i could do "mvn org.codehaus.mojo:sonar-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-2:sonar" to accomplish this, but how can i achieve the same thing from the Hudson Sonar plugin ? I'ld rather not modify any pom for this.

--
Best regards,
http://twitter.com/_godin_

Re: [ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0-beta-2

Jorg Heymans-3
Hi Evgeny,

The nexus repo that i use is not under my control. I will check if i can do something in settings.xml to avoid downloading snapshots from our internal repo.

When will the fix for 422 be available ?

Thanks
Jorg

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jorg,

Why you don't want to disable Codehaus snapshot repository?
And about Hudson Sonar Plugin - here is an issue : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARPLUGINS-422

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 17:43, Jorg Heymans <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

From maven commandline i guess i could do "mvn org.codehaus.mojo:sonar-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-2:sonar" to accomplish this, but how can i achieve the same thing from the Hudson Sonar plugin ? I'ld rather not modify any pom for this.

http://twitter.com/_godin_

http://twitter.com/_godin_

http://twitter.com/_godin_

Re: [ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0-beta-2

Evgeny Mandrikov
Jorg,

It's not because of beta2, beta1 and not because of hudson plugin - it's because your maven tries to download snapshot version

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 18:16, Jorg Heymans <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

From maven commandline i guess i could do "mvn org.codehaus.mojo:sonar-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-2:sonar" to accomplish this, but how can i achieve the same thing from the Hudson Sonar plugin ? I'ld rather not modify any pom for this.

http://twitter.com/_godin_

Re: [ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0-beta-2

Jorg Heymans-3
Yes, but before we upgraded to Sonar 2.2 and remove the <repository> element from settings.xml our sonar jobs in Hudson were working fine. Now they error out with this exception regardless of the <repository> element being present.

Can i download a version from trunk somewhere to test your fix from ticket 422 ?

Thanks,
Jorg

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

From maven commandline i guess i could do "mvn org.codehaus.mojo:sonar-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-2:sonar" to accomplish this, but how can i achieve the same thing from the Hudson Sonar plugin ? I'ld rather not modify any pom for this.

http://twitter.com/_godin_

Re: [ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0-beta-2

Evgeny Mandrikov
First of all - I'll repeat again : problem comes not from settings.xml, but from wrong configuration in Nexus - you have connected repository Codehaus Snapshots. I suppose it's clear enough.

You can't download ready to use version of Hudson Sonar Plugin with fix for SONARPLUGINS-422, but you always can build it from trunk by yourself if you wish.

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 11:18, Jorg Heymans <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

From maven commandline i guess i could do "mvn org.codehaus.mojo:sonar-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-2:sonar" to accomplish this, but how can i achieve the same thing from the Hudson Sonar plugin ? I'ld rather not modify any pom for this.

http://twitter.com/_godin_

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
First of all - I'll repeat again : problem comes not from settings.xml, but from wrong configuration in Nexus - you have connected repository Codehaus Snapshots. I suppose it's clear enough.

You can't download ready to use version of Hudson Sonar Plugin with fix for SONARPLUGINS-422, but you always can build it from trunk by yourself if you wish.

I was hoping to find a binary in your bamboo installation here http://ci.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-HUDSON-97 but it seems that the artifacts are not setup, pity ! Would it be possible to make this file available to me somehow:
/home/bamboo-agent/.m2/repository/org/jvnet/hudson/plugins/sonar/1.6-SNAPSHOT/sonar-1.6-SNAPSHOT.hpi

Thanks,
Jorg

Re: [ANN] Sonar Maven Plugin 1.0-beta-2

Jorg Heymans-3
FWIW i managed to get it to work from Hudson :

- create m2 project
- configure normal maven build "clean install -DskipTests=true -DfailIfNoTests=false"
- configure m2 extra build step "steps to run after maven build" with command -B -V org.codehaus.sonar:sonar-maven-plugin:2.2:sonar
- configuring all required sonar properties in settings.xml

With this approach the hudson sonar plugin is not needed.

Regards,
Jorg