[ANN] Sonar Plugin for Eclipse Release Candidate 1

[ANN] Sonar Plugin for Eclipse Release Candidate 1

Evgeny Mandrikov
Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce: the first Release Candidate of Sonar Plugin
for Eclipse is out.

The most important features, among others, are :
- Markers in source code for violations
- Integration with M2Eclipse ( http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/ ) for
auto-configuration
- and others

Update-site : http://ci.codehaus.org/browse/SONARIDE-ECLIPSE-170/artifact/update-site
Tutorial : http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Eclipse+Plugin
Roadmap for future versions
:http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Sonar+IDEs+Roadmap

We plan to make an actual release on this week, of course taking into
account your feedback ( http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONARIDE ).

We're waiting for your feedback,
Thank you

The Sonar team

Re: [ANN] Sonar Plugin for Eclipse Release Candidate 1

Frédéric Camblor
Hi Evgeny !

Which eclipse version is required ?
In the content.xml I can see :
<requires size='7'>
<required namespace='osgi.bundle' name='org.eclipse.core.runtime' range='0.0.0'/>
<required namespace='osgi.bundle' name='org.eclipse.core.resources' range='0.0.0'/>

Does this implies the plugin runs under all 3.X versions ?

I'll have a look at it soon !

Frédéric

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 4:57 AM, Evgeny Mandrikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Auto answer to my question : "RTFM" :-)

In the tutorial page, we can see a 3.5+ eclipse required.
(So, I wonder if the content.xml is right ..)

Frédéric

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Frederic Camblor <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jérémie-6
Yes you're right, this plugin is for 3.5+ eclipse.
Actualiy, we need to review a couple of things before release.
Thank you for your feedback!

Jérémie

Le 11 mai 2010 à 10:02, Frederic Camblor <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Hi Frederic,

Yes - plugin was developed for 3.5+ and was tested on 3.5.1, so I suppose that there is an error in context.xml
Thank you for feedback.

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Frederic Camblor <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Best regards,
http://twitter.com/_godin_

RE: [ANN] Sonar Plugin for Eclipse Release Candidate 1

CMYAnko
Really would like to know if this will run in Eclipse 3.0

===========================
Curtis Yanko
CT-039-05C
UHGIT
Computer Services - ADIS
Continuous Integration Service
https://ulink.uhc.com/groups/cis
w860.702.9059
m860.881.2050

Re: [ANN] Sonar Plugin for Eclipse Release Candidate 1

Simon
Administrator
Hi guys,
I'm really happy to see so much activity on this thread, but please stop replying to the announce list ;-)
Thank you

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Yanko, Curtis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Really would like to know if this will run in Eclipse 3.0

===========================
Curtis Yanko
CT-039-05C
UHGIT
Computer Services - ADIS
Continuous Integration Service
https://ulink.uhc.com/groups/cis
w860.702.9059
m860.881.2050

RE: [ANN] Sonar Plugin for Eclipse Release Candidate 1

CMYAnko
Sorry, the reply *surprised* me too.