CPPCHECK challenges

jbelbute
I think I've tried everything and can not get the results of cppcheck to be imported.  I'm using sonar-runner and have the following lines in my properties file.

sonar.dynamicAnalysis=reuseReports
sonar.cxx.cppcheck.reportPath=cppcheck-reports/report.xml
sonar.cxx.cppcheck.outputFile=report.xml
sonar.cxx.cppcheck.execPath=/usr/bin/cppcheck
sonar.cxx.cppcheck.checks=all
sonar.cxx.cppchecks=all
sonar.cxx.cppcheck.xmlversion=1

I've tried just about every configuration parameter possible but to no avail.  I see that there are numerous posts on this very topic and see several suggestions but don't actually see anyone commenting that a particular solution worked.  I have been through my entire log file and there are no errors.  I can't actually see any indication that anything at all is wrong.  I'm on the latest version of everything including cppcheck 1.59.  I have also tried both xmlversion 1 and 2 and that does not seem to make a difference either.  All of the files are being parsed.  I do have more files analyzed in the cppcheck results file than I am processing with sonar-runner but can't imagine that could be the problem.

Re: CPPCHECK challenges

Jorge Costa
Hi,

The first things to check are: Are you using community edition or SonarSource Edition?

If using the community edition, this applies:

  . You only need sonar.cxx.cppcheck.reportPath.
  . You need to check the http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Generating+Violations+Reports+for+Supported+Tools and note that the plugin does not run any tools
  . You need to check the http://docs.codehaus.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=230398236 to see if you can stop problems there
  . If you still cant find the solution, please follow the recommendations in the same page and post the debug log.

Hope it helps

*

I've tried just about every configuration parameter possible but to no
avail.  I see that there are numerous posts on this very topic and see
several suggestions but don't actually see anyone commenting that a
particular solution worked.  I have been through my entire log file and
there are no errors.  I can't actually see any indication that anything at
all is wrong.  I'm on the latest version of everything including cppcheck
1.59.  I have also tried both xmlversion 1 and 2 and that does not seem to
make a difference either.  All of the files are being parsed.  I do have
more files analyzed in the cppcheck results file than I am processing with
sonar-runner but can't imagine that could be the problem.

Best Regards
Jorge Costa