Changing Port SonarQube Binds To...

Kyle Smith
Hello All!

I am trying to change the default port that SonarQube listens on.

Currently, this port is 9000. I tried to change the port to 6500 in the sonarqube-dot-version/conf/sonar.properties under the #WEB SERVER section by changing the sonar.web.port=6500 line. This did not work though as I receive an error in the logs that SonarQube could not bind to port 9000.

Does anyone out there know what I am missing?

Thank-you for reading this.

Respectfully,

Kyle Smith

Re: Changing Port SonarQube Binds To...

Freddy Mallet
Hi Kyle,

I don't manage to reproduce the issue. I guess you've forgotten to uncomment the property by removing the first '#' character.

++

-----
SonarQube for Continuous Inspection

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 11:38 PM, Kyle Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello All!

I am trying to change the default port that SonarQube listens on.

Currently, this port is 9000. I tried to change the port to 6500 in the
sonarqube-dot-version/conf/sonar.properties under the *#WEB SERVER* section
by changing the *sonar.web.port=6500* line. This did not work though as I
receive an error in the logs that SonarQube could not bind to port 9000.

Does anyone out there know what I am missing?

Thank-you for reading this.

Respectfully,

Kyle Smith

Re: Changing Port SonarQube Binds To...

Kyle Smith
Hi Freddy,

In order to reproduce this you need to have at least one instance of the SonarQube application running and then start a second instance that binds to a different port other than the default.

Regards,

Kyle

Re: Changing Port SonarQube Binds To...

Kyle Smith
Hi Freddy,

I may be wrong but when I start the second instance on the same operating-system it listens on the port I specified but only after shutting down the other instance of SonarQube. Considering this I do not think the line you are referring to is commented out.

My hypothesis is that the SonarQube application tries to bind to 9000 at the start no matter what port the web page is going to listen on.

Respectfully,

Kyle