Checkstyle Rules in SQ 4.4

Marvin Weck
And hello again :D,

I just updated our SQ test-system to version 4.4 and as I imported the QP I noticed that we lost 5 rules. (All 5 rules are Checkstyle rules like "Constant Name" or "Local Variable Name")

I don't like the idea to switch to the squid rules, because the CHECKSTYLE:OFF comments will not work for them. The "sonar.issue.ignore.block" is no option for me, because I can't define for them, that only Checkstyle rules should be ignored in this block. So what I did: I created a custom rule based on the depricated Checkstyle rules. This works fine.

My question now is, if there is a problem by creating custom rules based on old and depracted Checkstyle rules?

Best regards

Marvin Weck
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from this list, please visit: http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: Checkstyle Rules in SQ 4.4

G. Ann Campbell
The only problem you'll face is that the Java plugin, on which your custom rules are based, may evolve out from under your rules. I.E. as we fix bugs, add features & etc, the language grammar in the plugin gets updated. Therefore, you'll need to have some test cases for your rules that you can double-check after each upgrade to make sure they still work as designed.

Ann

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Owner