Gallio not working for test project in sonar C# 2.1 plugin

Gallio not working for test project in sonar C# 2.1 plugin

Guru
Hi,

when i ran the unit test using C# 1.3 plugin it's working fine. when i ran the same using 2.1 it's throwing following exception.

[exec] 12:11:19.493 INFO  - -------------  Inspecting RollOutUnitTest.Console
     [exec] 12:11:19.493 INFO  - Load module settings
     [exec] 12:11:19.508 INFO  - No valid license for plugin views
     [exec] 12:11:19.930 INFO  - Quality profile : [name=Sonar way,language=vbnet]
     [exec] 12:11:19.930 INFO  - Excluded tests:
     [exec] 12:11:19.930 INFO  -   **/package-info.java
     [exec] INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
     [exec] INFO: EXECUTION FAILURE
     [exec] INFO: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
     [exec] Total time: 1:20.230s
     [exec] ERROR: Error during Sonar runner execution
     [exec] ERROR: Unable to execute Sonar
     [exec] ERROR: Caused by: Language with key 'vbnet' not found
     [exec] ERROR:
     [exec] ERROR: To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Sonar Runner with the -e switch.
     [exec] ERROR: Re-run Sonar Runner using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

Re: Gallio not working for test project in sonar C# 2.1 plugin

Fabrice Bellingard-4
Hi,

do you have a VB.NET project in your solution?

Best regards,

Fabrice BELLINGARD | SonarSource
http://sonarsource.com

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Guru <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Fabrice,

yes we have one unit test project developed in vb.net
"RollOutUnitTest.Console.vbproj". what shall we need to do?

yes we have one unit test project developed in vb.net "RollOutUnitTest.Console.vbproj". what shall we need to do next ? is there any solution to make it work?

Re: Gallio not working for test project in sonar C# 2.1 plugin

Fabrice Bellingard-4
Yes, what you should do is to skip the project developed in VB.NET => http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/C%23+Ecosystem+FAQ#CEcosystemFAQ-HowcanIexcludeaprojectfromtheanalysisofaNETsolution

(unless you have a license for the Sonar VB.NET plugin of course!)

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Guru <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Fabrice,

yes we have one unit test project developed in vb.net
"RollOutUnitTest.Console.vbproj". what shall we need to do next ? is there
any solution to make it work?

Re: Gallio not working for test project in sonar C# 2.1 plugin

Sundar Rajan
This post was updated on .
Hi Fabrice,

I have a similar problem. I have few VB projects also in my solution and i have only the c#  plug in installed and ultimately i need to run sonar runner for c# projects only. So i skipped VB project module by properly putting Skipped module paramters in the sonar runner properties file as the following
sonar.skippedModules=VBProject1
sonar.skippedModules=VBProject2
But when i am running the sonar runner, it faile with an error that "language with key ' vb net ' not found". So it looks like the skippedModule paramter is not working as intended. Perhaps, i am not sure if i need to do anything more than just specifying the skipped module paramter.
So I just removed all my VB projects from the solution and then run the sonar runner then it's working fine. Please let me know your thoughts on this in terms of how i can ensure that the projects which i need to ignore/exlude can be excluded when the sonar runner is running.

Thanks
Sundar