Quantcast

Impossible to Upgrade DB - Timeout - Failed to delete ES by query

Impossible to Upgrade DB - Timeout - Failed to delete ES by query

softwareforums2013
Hi Sonar,

I have been trying for past few weeks now to upgrade our sonar version from 3.2.1 version to 5.0.1. I started out with a small project as a poc and did upgrade from 3.2.1 version to 5.0.1 version and faced no issue.

After this I tried doing upgrade on our actual project on dev environment from sonar version 3.2.1 to 5.0.1. But it has failed due to below reason in snapshot. I could not find anything online that is helpful regarding this. Looking at the log and comparing my small poc project upgrade and actual project, the only thing that I could possibly think of the reason this failed is due to huge data.

We have sonar analysis since 2012 and we have not deleted any old analysis. We run sonar analysis everyday, our lines of code is about 810,777 in 10 Aug 2012 and now in 04 Junm 2015 lines of code is 904, 407. I am not sure whats the total size in db with all this sonar analysis since 2012.

If this issue is due to huge size of data and it is timing out while deleting ES by query. Is there anyway to increase this timeout, if so where and which file.