Latest Version of Sonar

softwareforums2013
Hi Everyone,

We are currently using sonar version 3.2.1 and we would like to upgrade this. What is the latest version that is available?

Re: Latest Version of Sonar

Mark Bretl-3
See SonarQube downloads page at http://www.sonarqube.org/downloads/ for latest and LTS releases.

Best Regards,

--Mark

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 4:22 PM, softwareforums2013 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

We are currently using sonar version 3.2.1 and we would like to upgrade
this. What is the latest version that is available?

Re: Latest Version of Sonar

softwareforums2013
What is LTS Releases??

Re: Latest Version of Sonar

Deven Phillips
LTS = Long Term Support

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 7:55 PM, softwareforums2013 <[hidden email]> wrote:
What is LTS Releases??

Re: Latest Version of Sonar

Julien Lancelot

Julien LANCELOT | SonarSource

On 19 March 2015 at 00:58, Deven Phillips <[hidden email]> wrote:
LTS = Long Term Support

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 7:55 PM, softwareforums2013 <[hidden email]> wrote:
What is LTS Releases??

Re: Latest Version of Sonar

softwareforums2013
Hi

Thank you everyone for your feedback and support

I do have one more question before I go ahead with my upgrade process.

I am planning to upgrade my sonar version 3.2.1 to LTS or latest version (still deciding). I was going through the upgrade guide link

While going through this link, I am confused with point #8 that was mentioned in the link

8. (warning) If an es directory exists under data, remove the es directory (such a directory should not exist if step 3, above, was followed).

Where is this "data: folder located? Is this locatd in sonar installation directory or the DB side?

Re: Latest Version of Sonar

softwareforums2013
If its sonar installation directory, is it talking about new installation directory or old installation directory

Re: Latest Version of Sonar

softwareforums2013
Hi Everyone again,

So, I did find "es" directory under my new sonar installation directory under "data" folder. What is this es directory? Why do I need to delete this directory? What happens if I dont delete this directory?.

Currenly I install 5.0.1 version of sonar on my local machine. In the past few months back I had installed and ran sonar analysis on 3.2.1 version on my local. Now, when I start 5.0.1 version of sonar, I access the sonar dashboard page, I get a message saying, sonar is under maintenance, if your admin and your seeing this message please check upgrade guide.....

So, is this message appearing because of that "es" directory? If I remove this "es" directory, will this message from my sonar dashboard disappear??

Any help would be great...:)

Re: Latest Version of Sonar

Julien Lancelot

The data folder is located in the previous SonarQube installation directory.
In your case, don't worry about that, as in 3.2 Elasticsearch was not used.

Regards,

On 19 March 2015 at 17:23, softwareforums2013 <[hidden email]> wrote:
If its sonar installation directory, is it talking about new installation
directory or old installation directory

Re: Latest Version of Sonar

Lars K.W. Gohlke
Hallo

your kind of questions gives me the impression you really need professional support!

Please consider investing more time in reading the docs/mailinglist and googling more. The
answers are not far, just a few clicks.

Else request paid support from the Sonarsource company. I'm really sure they will answer
every question you have with a private chat session or phone conference.

Cheers Lars

>Am 19.03.2015 um 17:23 schrieb softwareforums2013:> If its sonar installation directory,
is it talking about new installation
> directory or old installation directory

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
M.Sc. Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Lars K.W. Gohlke
mailto:[hidden email]
Visit http://www.lgohlke.de

19.03.2015 19:06

lkwg82.vcf (192 bytes) Download Attachment