Problems with getting sonar-runner to read my sonar-project.properties fiel

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems with getting sonar-runner to read my sonar-project.properties fiel

marleah
Hi,

I have searched for an answer to my particular problem and was not able to locate one that worked for me.
I have successfully installed SonarQube and Sonar-Runner, but when I try to analyze my java project, I get the following error message









I have placed the the sonar-project.properties file in my project root directory. I use the Helloworld.java example that is in the sonar project examples on github.

My Directory structure: Top Level dir:  java-sonar-runner-simple->
                                                                                     src -> Helloworld.java
                                                                                     sonar-project.properties
                                                                                     validation

My configuration file is as follows.
# Required metadata
sonar.projectKey=java-sonar-runner-simple
sonar.projectName=Simple Java project analyzed with the SonarQube Runner
sonar.projectVersion=1.0

# Comma-separated paths to directories with sources (required)
sonar.sources=C:/java-sonar-runner-simple/src


# Language
sonar.language=java

# Encoding of the source files
sonar.sourceEncoding=UTF-8


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with getting sonar-runner to read my sonar-project.properties fiel

jbelbute
You are missing a property in your configuration file

Regards
John
(949) 306-1477

Sent from my iPad

> On Jul 17, 2014, at 2:49 PM, "marleah" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have searched for an answer to my particular problem and was not able to
> locate one that worked for me.
> I have successfully installed SonarQube and Sonar-Runner, but when I try to
> analyze my java project, I get the following error message
>
> <http://sonarqube.15.x6.nabble.com/file/n5026699/ErrorMsg.jpg>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I have placed the the sonar-project.properties file in my project root
> directory. I use the Helloworld.java example that is in the sonar project
> examples on github.
>
> My Directory structure: Top Level dir:  java-sonar-runner-simple->
>
> src -> Helloworld.java
>
> sonar-project.properties
>
> validation
>
> My configuration file is as follows.
> # Required metadata
> sonar.projectKey=java-sonar-runner-simple
> sonar.projectName=Simple Java project analyzed with the SonarQube Runner
> sonar.projectVersion=1.0
>
> # Comma-separated paths to directories with sources (required)
> sonar.sources=C:/java-sonar-runner-simple/src
>
>
> # Language
> sonar.language=java
>
> # Encoding of the source files
> sonar.sourceEncoding=UTF-8
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://sonarqube.15.x6.nabble.com/Problems-with-getting-sonar-runner-to-read-my-sonar-project-properties-fiel-tp5026699.html
> Sent from the SonarQube Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with getting sonar-runner to read my sonar-project.properties fiel

Julien HENRY
In reply to this post by marleah
Hi,

Simply run sonar-runner command from the same location as the file sonar-project.properties. That is C:\java-sonar-runner-simple.

++

Julien


2014-07-17 23:48 GMT+02:00 marleah <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

I have searched for an answer to my particular problem and was not able to
locate one that worked for me.
I have successfully installed SonarQube and Sonar-Runner, but when I try to
analyze my java project, I get the following error message

<http://sonarqube.15.x6.nabble.com/file/n5026699/ErrorMsg.jpg>







I have placed the the sonar-project.properties file in my project root
directory. I use the Helloworld.java example that is in the sonar project
examples on github.

My Directory structure: Top Level dir:  java-sonar-runner-simple->

src -> Helloworld.java

sonar-project.properties

validation

My configuration file is as follows.
# Required metadata
sonar.projectKey=java-sonar-runner-simple
sonar.projectName=Simple Java project analyzed with the SonarQube Runner
sonar.projectVersion=1.0

# Comma-separated paths to directories with sources (required)
sonar.sources=C:/java-sonar-runner-simple/src


# Language
sonar.language=java

# Encoding of the source files
sonar.sourceEncoding=UTF-8






--
View this message in context: http://sonarqube.15.x6.nabble.com/Problems-with-getting-sonar-runner-to-read-my-sonar-project-properties-fiel-tp5026699.html
Sent from the SonarQube Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Problems with getting sonar-runner to read my sonar-project.properties fiel

marleah
In reply to this post by jbelbute
Hi John,

Would you share the property that I am missing, is this the configuration file in sonar-runner?

Thanks, for your help.

Marleah
________________________________________
From: Belbute, John [[hidden email]]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:55 PM
To: <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [sonar-user] Problems with getting sonar-runner to read my sonar-project.properties fiel

You are missing a property in your configuration file

Regards
John
(949) 306-1477

Sent from my iPad

> On Jul 17, 2014, at 2:49 PM, "marleah" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have searched for an answer to my particular problem and was not able to
> locate one that worked for me.
> I have successfully installed SonarQube and Sonar-Runner, but when I try to
> analyze my java project, I get the following error message
>
> <http://sonarqube.15.x6.nabble.com/file/n5026699/ErrorMsg.jpg>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I have placed the the sonar-project.properties file in my project root
> directory. I use the Helloworld.java example that is in the sonar project
> examples on github.
>
> My Directory structure: Top Level dir:  java-sonar-runner-simple->
>
> src -> Helloworld.java
>
> sonar-project.properties
>
> validation
>
> My configuration file is as follows.
> # Required metadata
> sonar.projectKey=java-sonar-runner-simple
> sonar.projectName=Simple Java project analyzed with the SonarQube Runner
> sonar.projectVersion=1.0
>
> # Comma-separated paths to directories with sources (required)
> sonar.sources=C:/java-sonar-runner-simple/src
>
>
> # Language
> sonar.language=java
>
> # Encoding of the source files
> sonar.sourceEncoding=UTF-8
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://sonarqube.15.x6.nabble.com/Problems-with-getting-sonar-runner-to-read-my-sonar-project-properties-fiel-tp5026699.html
> Sent from the SonarQube Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
>
>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:

    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Problems with getting sonar-runner to read my sonar-project.properties fiel

Atif.subzwari
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
This post was updated on .
Hi All,

        This is the same issue that I am facing and unfortunately I am able to figure out what wrong I am doing. I would appreciate if anyone could help me to resolve this issue. When I run the sonar runner batch file I get the following error.



Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Atif Subzwari