Programmatically creating custom rule from template

Programmatically creating custom rule from template

Chris Opler
Hello all, First time poster.  I apologize in advance if this issue has already been dealt with or if it should be posted elsewhere.  I've searched a bit and not found the answer, so I am posting.

In essence, I would like to be able to create a custom rule based on an existing template, for example, LocalVariableName, automatically.  In other words, in the rules UI, you find the rules template, and then click on create custom, configuring the parameters.  I am seeking away to perform this step automatically, either via an import or a Java plugin if necessary.  Could anyone help me with this issue ?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards, Chris