Public undocumented API” vs Source-viewer (Sonar 5.1.1)

Public undocumented API” vs Source-viewer (Sonar 5.1.1)

learnerint13h

I need to use the “Public types, methods and fields (API) should be documented with Javadoc” rule for one of my projects, and I found out that there is a little difference[3] between the “Public undocumented API” measure  and the source-viewer itself.

Here is how to reproduce this behavior:
a) Start Sonar 5.1.1
b) Create a new Profile “Public API Profile”
c) Add the rule “Public types, methods and fields (API) should be documented with Javadoc” in “Public API Profile” with severity Major[1]
d) Set as default “Public API Profile”
e) Checkout Apache Httpclient 4.4 (svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.4)
f) cd 4.4
g) Comment “apache-rat-plugin” in pom.xml[2]
h) mvn clean install
i) mvn sonar:sonar
j) When I access the “Public undocumented API” measure, it’s indicate 2 violations for the file InputStreamBody.java BUT the source-viewer shows 4 violations[3].

Is there a bug in the “Public undocumented API” measure or is this the expected behavior?

Thank you for your help!
Best regards

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9rpmwx0dbqtft2/img001.png?dl=0
[2] https://www.dropbox.com/s/82nrupp1vh3ibyj/img002.png?dl=0