SQALE sand severity of coverage rules

Alexander Lorenz-2
Hi,

I know that the rules concerning coverage must be switched on in order
for a SQALE reliability calculation.
My question is: Does the severity setting of those rules influence their
impact on the SQALE calculation?

Thanks

Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz | Test Engineer Traffic | TomTom Content Production Unit Berlin | [hidden email] | +49-30-756543-194 | www.tomtom.com

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary to TomTom and/or its affiliates or otherwise confidential or legally privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply, and delete all co​pies of this message and any attachments. If you are the intended recipient you may use the information contained in this message and any files attached to this message only as authorised by TomTom. Any unauthorised use, dissemination or disclosure of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. The contents of this e-mail are not to be considered binding upon TomTom.​

Re: SQALE sand severity of coverage rules

G. Ann Campbell
No, Alexander. It doesn't.

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Owner

Alexander Lorenz | Test Engineer Traffic | TomTom Content Production Unit Berlin | [hidden email] | <a href="tel:%2B49-30-756543-194" value="+4930756543194" target="_blank">+49-30-756543-194 | www.tomtom.com

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary to TomTom and/or its affiliates or otherwise confidential or legally privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply, and delete all co​pies of this message and any attachments. If you are the intended recipient you may use the information contained in this message and any files attached to this message only as authorised by TomTom. Any unauthorised use, dissemination or disclosure of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. The contents of this e-mail are not to be considered binding upon TomTom.​

Re: SQALE sand severity of coverage rules

Alexander Lorenz-2
I see.
But then I find it strange that we have projects in development with a current test coverage of below 30% that still get an "A" SQALE rating.

Best Regards

Alex

On 05/13/2015 02:58 PM, G. Ann Campbell wrote:
No, Alexander. It doesn't.

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Owner

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 8:21 AM, Alexander Lorenz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I know that the rules concerning coverage must be switched on in order for a SQALE reliability calculation.
My question is: Does the severity setting of those rules influence their impact on the SQALE calculation?

Thanks

Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz | Test Engineer Traffic | TomTom Content Production Unit Berlin | [hidden email] | <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B49-30-756543-194" value="+4930756543194" target="_blank">+49-30-756543-194 | www.tomtom.com

[...]

David RACODON
Hi Alexander,

The SQALE rating is way too nice with the standard set of rules.
We tuned the SQALE rating grid to "0.01,0.02,0.05,0.1" to get a more meaningful distribution.

Regards,

David RACODON
Freelance QA Consultant