Sonar 5.1 Timeout error

mattadamson

Team,

We upgraded to Sonar 5.1 and are getting a time out error e.g.

10:07:41 [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:sonar-maven-plugin:2.5:sonar (default-cli) on project test: Unable to request: /batch/project?key=com.test%3Atest&preview=false: Read timed out -> [Help 1]

10:07:41 org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:sonar-maven-plugin:2.5:sonar (default-cli) on project test: Unable to request: /batch/project?key=com.bottomline.test%3Atest&preview=false

10:07:41       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:216)

10:07:41       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)

10:07:41       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)

10:07:41       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)

10:07:41       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)

10:07:41       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)

10:07:41       at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)

10:07:41       at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:317)

It actually looks similar to

https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-5849

However obviously it must be different as we are now upgraded to 5.1 where it shows as resolved

Also is there any workaround we can try whlist we wait for a fix / work through the issue more?

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Matt

Re: Sonar 5.1 Timeout error

Dennis Hartrampf
Hello everyone,

we are facing the same problem with SQ 5.1 using the Ant runner, although it only appears "sometimes". So it is really dependent on the network load.
For me the question is: Why is SQ or the Ant runner so impatient? Would it hurt to wait a little more instead of breaking a build that was allready running for 30 minutes?

Regards
Dennis Hartrampf

Re: Sonar 5.1 Timeout error

Julien Lancelot
Hi Matt,

Could you please execute the following steps :
  • In conf/sonar.properties, set sonar.log.level=TRACE
  • Restart the SonarQube server
  • Execute a new analysis of the project
  • Send us logs from logs/sonar.log started from "DEBUG web[http] GET /api/server/version"
Thanks.
Regards,
Julien LANCELOT | SonarSource

On 23 April 2015 at 09:43, Adamson, Matthew <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Julien, I’ll send to you privately shortly

Re: Sonar 5.1 Timeout error

mattadamson
I think the intention here is a timeout in this case would usually indicate a more fundamental issue which wants to be investigated.  If this is indeed the case a low timeout is probably a good thing

Re: Sonar 5.1 Timeout error

Julien Lancelot
Thanks for your logs Matt, there's indeed a query which is very long (15 seconds).
I'll continue my investigation, in the meantime could you please tell which database (with the version) are you using ?
Can you also tell me the size of the project (number of files, modules) ?

Thanks.

On 23 April 2015 at 10:45, Julien Lancelot <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

There's indeed a performance issue in the WS used by the batch.
I've created a ticket to fix it : https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-6464.

Thanks for your feedback Matthew !

On 23 April 2015 at 12:47, Julien Lancelot <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I’d appreciate if you can let me know any workarounds we can use in the meantime e.g. a property setting or even a database change. This would at least allow us to contribute with our 5.1 evaluation.