Sonar on Monitors!

topagae
Hello. I've convinced some folk to let us put up health Monitors. And most of what we'd like to display is Sonar dashboards. Just thought I'd drop a line and see what ya'll are using (If anything) to display health on monitors in office. We don't wanna go 100% ghetto and just hook em up to a computer screen with a web browser open, but we will!

Re: Sonar on Monitors!

Roman Pickl | Fluidtime
Haven't used it myself yet, but you could look into dashing
(http://shopify.github.io/dashing/)

there are plugins for sonar as well.
https://gist.github.com/aaronkaka/8491321

--
Roman Pickl

> Hello. I've convinced some folk to let us put up health Monitors. And most
> of what we'd like to display is Sonar dashboards. Just thought I'd drop a
> line and see what ya'll are using (If anything) to display health on
> monitors in office. We don't wanna go 100% ghetto and just hook em up to a
> computer screen with a web browser open, but we will!

Re: Sonar on Monitors!

Lars K.W. Gohlke
Hallo

in my company Immobilienscout24 some teams use sonarqube project metrics (coverage, issue
treshold) on their team monitors (dashbord) since 2yrs and it has become a kind of quality
culture.

Transparency and understand leads to change.

Cheers Lars

>Am 24.02.2015 um 22:05 schrieb Roman Pickl | Fluidtime:> Haven't used it myself yet, but
you could look into dashing
> (http://shopify.github.io/dashing/)
>
> there are plugins for sonar as well.
> https://gist.github.com/aaronkaka/8491321

------------------------
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
M.Sc. Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Lars K.W. Gohlke
mailto:[hidden email]
-------------------------
Visit http://www.lgohlke.de

24.02.2015 22:24

lkwg82.vcf (192 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Sonar on Monitors!

topagae
That's great to hear! But I wanted to know what software/solutions you use to control/setup the dashboards on the screens. Right now we have to physically change every monitor running a Rasberry Pi, which seems a bit inefficient(And time consuming)

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Lars K.W. Gohlke <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hallo

in my company Immobilienscout24 some teams use sonarqube project metrics (coverage, issue
treshold) on their team monitors (dashbord) since 2yrs and it has become a kind of quality
culture.

Transparency and understand leads to change.

Cheers Lars

>Am 24.02.2015 um 22:05 schrieb Roman Pickl | Fluidtime:> Haven't used it myself yet, but
you could look into dashing
> (http://shopify.github.io/dashing/)
>
> there are plugins for sonar as well.
> https://gist.github.com/aaronkaka/8491321

------------------------
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
M.Sc. Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Lars K.W. Gohlke
mailto:[hidden email]
-------------------------
Visit http://www.lgohlke.de

Re: Sonar on Monitors!

Roman Pickl | Fluidtime
See for example
https://github.com/QubitProducts/dashing-contrib/wiki/Widget:-Switcher
for dashing

--
Roman Pickl
Chief Technical Officer

Fluidtime Data Services GmbH
Neubaugasse 12-14/25, 1070 Vienna, Austria
Tel +43 (0)1  5860 180
Mob +43 (0)660 425 80 20
Fax +43 (0)1 5860 180 - 1
www.fluidtime.com

Re: Sonar on Monitors!

Lars K.W. Gohlke
Hi Chris,

we simply use the ws-api to call coverage and issue count on a per-project base

This is displayed on an custom made dashboard.

Cheers Lars

Am 25.02.2015 um 20:06 schrieb Chris Lee:

> That's great to hear! But I wanted to know what software/solutions you use to
> control/setup the dashboards on the screens. Right now we have to physically change every
> monitor running a Rasberry Pi, which seems a bit inefficient(And time consuming)
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Lars K.W. Gohlke <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hallo
>
>     in my company Immobilienscout24 some teams use sonarqube project metrics (coverage, issue
>     treshold) on their team monitors (dashbord) since 2yrs and it has become a kind of quality
>     culture.
>
>     Transparency and understand leads to change.
>
>     Cheers Lars
>
>     >Am 24.02.2015 um 22:05 schrieb Roman Pickl | Fluidtime:> Haven't used it myself yet, but
>     you could look into dashing
>     > (http://shopify.github.io/dashing/)
>     >
>     > there are plugins for sonar as well.
>     > https://gist.github.com/aaronkaka/8491321
>     >
>     >
>

>     ------------------------
>     Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>     M.Sc. Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Lars K.W. Gohlke
>     mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     -------------------------
>     Visit http://www.lgohlke.de
>
>     24.02.2015 22 <tel:24.02.2015%2022>:24

lkwg82.vcf (192 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Sonar on Monitors!

Jean-Baptiste Lièvremont
Hi Chris,

We use Atlassian AtlasBoard to aggregate data from multiple sources (SQ Web Services, JIRA WS) and Chromecast dongles. This still requires that one dev in the team devotes some CPU time to cast the dashboard, but the result is quite satisfying.

HTH,

Jean-Baptiste LIEVREMONT | SonarSource
Platform Developer

That's great to hear! But I wanted to know what software/solutions you use to control/setup the dashboards on the screens. Right now we have to physically change every monitor running a Rasberry Pi, which seems a bit inefficient(And time consuming)

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Lars K.W. Gohlke <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hallo

in my company Immobilienscout24 some teams use sonarqube project metrics (coverage, issue
treshold) on their team monitors (dashbord) since 2yrs and it has become a kind of quality
culture.

Transparency and understand leads to change.

Cheers Lars

>Am 24.02.2015 um 22:05 schrieb Roman Pickl | Fluidtime:> Haven't used it myself yet, but
you could look into dashing
> (http://shopify.github.io/dashing/)
>
> there are plugins for sonar as well.
> https://gist.github.com/aaronkaka/8491321

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
M.Sc. Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Lars K.W. Gohlke
mailto:[hidden email]
Visit http://www.lgohlke.de

Re: Sonar on Monitors!

topagae
We decided on hooking up Raspberry pi's to screens and pushing to them all with Jenkins to make it easy to manage. Dashing and some others are going to get used to. So thanks! (Also going to check out Atlasboard because it's pretty..)