Quantcast

SonarQube 4.5.4 - Quality Profile Creation

SonarQube 4.5.4 - Quality Profile Creation

softwareforums2013
Hi Everyone,

I have updated to sonar version 4.5.4 from 3.2.1. And I see some difference in Quality Profile Creation. Some how Quality Profile didnot get migrated properly and would like to create a new Quality Profile.

In Sonar 3.2.1 Version, when we click on create profile it asks for 3 configuration files (checkstyle, findbugs and pmd) but they are optional.

In Sonar 4.5.4 Version, create profile link button was not available until I copied the findbugs plugin jar (sonar-findbugs-plugin-2.4.jar) to "extentsions/plugins" folder. After that create link button appeared and clicking on it only asked me for finbugs configuration file. So, I thought I need to add checkstyle plugin jar as well. So I added checkstyle plugin jar. I was not sure which version jar to add since I did not find the checkstyle plugin jar in 4.5.4 project. so, I added the jar which was in sonar 3.2.1 version which is sonar-checkstyle-plugin-3.2.1.jar in the same directory extensions/plugins folder and restarted sonar 4.5.4 but sonar failed to start. So I tried sonar-checkstyle-pluign-2.4.jar and still failed to start sonar server.

Can anyone help me on how I can set all 3 configuration file (findbugs, checkstyle and pmd) in sonarqube 4.5.4 version.

Thank you

Re: SonarQube 4.5.4 - Quality Profile Creation

softwareforums2013
I saw an article where it says checkstyle and pmd will be removed from sonarqube in future and wondering if this is the casse why I am not being able to configure those tools.

Can anyone let me know if this has been removed and if yes since which release has it been removed