SonarQube Scans Not Successful - Database Full

SonarQube Scans Not Successful - Database Full

Kyle Smith
Hello SonarQube Community,

I just recently encountered this problem with my SonarQube scans. I receive an error that boils down to: ERROR: Caused by: The table 'snapshot_sources' is full

I checked the log files for sonar and did not log anything relating to this. I also tried to determine the size of the databases in the underlying MySQL DBMS. I think I found this data but I am not exactly sure what it means.

Has anyone else had a similar problem reading this? I am using 4.5-RC1 of SonarQube.

Thank-you all for reading this. Please, have an excellent life. I look forward to your feedback.

Respectfully,

Kyle Smith

Re: SonarQube Scans Not Successful - Database Full

Alexandre Gigleux-3
Hi Kyle,

I don't think this is a SonarQube issue but more a MySQL configuration one.
Your database is running out of available disk space so the solution is somehow trivial : ask to your DBA to increase the disk space of your MySQL.

Are you managing by yourself the MySQL instance SQ is connected with ?

BTW : you should consider upgrading to SQ 4.5

Regards
Alexandre Gigleux | SonarSource

On 21 October 2014 17:31, Kyle Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello SonarQube Community,

I just recently encountered this problem with my SonarQube scans. I receive
an error that boils down to: *ERROR: Caused by: The table 'snapshot_sources'
is full*

I checked the log files for sonar and did not log anything relating to this.
I also tried to determine the size of the databases in the underlying MySQL
DBMS. I think I found this data but I am not exactly sure what it means.

Has anyone else had a similar problem reading this? I am using 4.5-RC1 of
SonarQube.

Thank-you all for reading this. Please, have an excellent life. I look
forward to your feedback.

Respectfully,

Kyle Smith

Re: SonarQube Scans Not Successful - Database Full

Kyle Smith
Hi Alexandre,

To answer your questions:

I don't think this is a SonarQube issue but more a MySQL configuration one. Your database is running out of available disk space so the solution is somehow trivial : ask to your DBA to increase the disk space of your MySQL.

I will try this. :D

Can you try that : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9620198/how-to-get-the-sizes-of-the-tables-of-a-mysql-database and share the size of your TOP 5 tables ?

After running the SQL script I find that my top five sonar tables starting from largest to smallest are 1) issues, 2) snapshot_sources, 3) project_measures, 4) resource_index, and 5) snapshot_data.

Are you managing by yourself the MySQL instance SQ is connected with ?

Yes.

BTW : you should consider upgrading to SQ 4.5
I will! Thank-you for the advice. :D

Thank-you for the help. I am still trying to figure out why there is free space on the operating-system but the 'snapshot_sources' table is full. :/ Respectfully, Kyle Smith

Re: SonarQube Scans Not Successful - Database Full

Kyle Smith
This post was updated on .
Hello Everyone,

I just found this post on a very very very, nearly identical, similar issue. The URL for it is here: http://osdir.com/ml/java-sonar-general/2011-05/msg00075.html

The solution appears to be adding another InnoDB table. Can someone explain to me how I can add another InnoDB table? I learned that the default table type is InnoDB for MySQL 5.6.x so with this in mind do I just create another table with the same name and schema?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank-you for reading this.

Respectfully,

Kyle Smith