Starting with Sonar

pjmorce
Hello

I followed the full installation steps of sonar until starting the server:
  1- I unzipped sonar
  2- I created a sonar database
  3- I gave priviledges for my user on sonar database
  4- I started sonar server

Until here, everything went great. But went I try to go to sonar web interface using "http://localhost:9000/sonar", it returns on the web browser the following error:

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /sonar. Reason:

    SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

Powered by Jetty://

What could be the problem?

thanks
regards

RE: Starting with Sonar

Mohamed-Ali Sfaxi
Hi,
I faced the same situation. In fact, Sonar was not launched. Check the
log file sonar.log to know the root cause.
In my case, it was a database issue.
Regards,
Dali

Re: Starting with Sonar

Cedric Munger
Sounds like a jetty configuration issue.. did you change any of the sonar.web.host, sonar.web.port or sonar.web.context settings as defined in step 4 ?
If yes then double check what you've entered here.
If no then the server URL is http://localhost:9000 not http://localhost:9000/sonar, if still not working then check the sonar.log as mentionned by Mohamed-Ali

Regards

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Mohamed-Ali Sfaxi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I faced the same situation. In fact, Sonar was not launched. Check the
log file sonar.log to know the root cause.
In my case, it was a database issue.
Regards,
Dali

Re: Starting with Sonar

pjmorce
Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I checked sonar log file and I saw that I must have a problem with my database because it has the following error message:

Caused by: org.sonar.commons.database.DatabaseException: Cannot open connection to database: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'sonar'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
        at org.sonar.commons.database.AbstractDatabaseConnector.testConnection(AbstractDatabaseConnector.java:165) [na:na]

My sonar database exists and is running, and my configuration file had the following data:

sonar.jdbc.password:                       sonar

The problem were because I configured the database user to not have any password:

grant all privileges on sonar.* to 'sonar'@'localhost';

So, changing the sonar.properties file like this:

sonar.jdbc.password:

has resolved my problem.

Thanks again both.

Regards