Struck with customization of rules, somebody please help me out!!

Struck with customization of rules, somebody please help me out!!

Rammohan Bellamkonda

​Hi Friend,

I have created a custom rule under Sonar way Quality Profile and associated a project to it(using SONAR 4.5.1)

Violation I have created in my file

void bar(int credit){
  if (credit== 0){
   // empty!
  }
 }
}

Rule I have created in SONAR
//IfStatement/Statement
 [EmptyStatement or Block[count(*) = 0]]

When I run, getting an error in Jenkins build after build success and before Sonar Analysis execution and  that issue is not getting caught as an issue in sonar.

Unable to parse source file : /var/lib/jenkins/jobs/DevOps_CI/workspace/src/com/sonata/businessmodel/EmpBusinessLogic.java
16:51:44.348 ERROR - Parse error at line 34 column 5:

Note: Created few rules all are getting same error and not getting caught as an issue in sonar.

Please help me out

Thank you and Have a Great day!
Ram Bellamkonda
Disclaimer: "The materials contained in this email and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system. Sonata is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt"

Re: Struck with customization of rules, somebody please help me out!!

G. Ann Campbell
Your custom rules shouldn't affect parsing. Remove all custom rules from your profile & see if you still get that parsing error.

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Owner

[hidden email]<https://mail.sonata-software.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=CR5j9NiYdEG6GqCH1x6-_psKazdHWNEIVCbgIwt9du0yGveQkKFbO4v7vtswKO1ztV4y3LBSws4.&URL=mailto%3arammohanrao.b%40sonata-software.com> | <a href="tel:%2B91%209642340219" value="+919642340219">+91 9642340219 | www.sonata-software.com<https://mail.sonata-software.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=CR5j9NiYdEG6GqCH1x6-_psKazdHWNEIVCbgIwt9du0yGveQkKFbO4v7vtswKO1ztV4y3LBSws4.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sonata-software.com>
[...]

​Hello Ann,

Thanks for the reply!

Ann, application analysis will be done successfully  if there is no single custom rule.

Problem is with custom rule only, if I created/added a single xpath custom rule(pmd) to sonar then I am getting that parsing error.

[hidden email]<https://mail.sonata-software.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=CR5j9NiYdEG6GqCH1x6-_psKazdHWNEIVCbgIwt9du0yGveQkKFbO4v7vtswKO1ztV4y3LBSws4.&URL=mailto%3arammohanrao.b%40sonata-software.com> | <a href="tel:%2B91%209642340219" value="&#43;919642340219">+91 9642340219 | www.sonata-software.com<https://mail.sonata-software.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=CR5j9NiYdEG6GqCH1x6-_psKazdHWNEIVCbgIwt9du0yGveQkKFbO4v7vtswKO1ztV4y3LBSws4.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sonata-software.com>
[...]

Pierre-Yves Nicolas
Hi,

Can you please send the full logs of the failed analysis?

Thank you,
Pierre-Yves

rammohanrao.b@... | <a href="tel:%2B91%209642340219" value="+919642340219" target="_blank">+91 9642340219 | www.sonata-software.com

[hidden email]<https://mail.sonata-software.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=CR5j9NiYdEG6GqCH1x6-_psKazdHWNEIVCbgIwt9du0yGveQkKFbO4v7vtswKO1ztV4y3LBSws4.&URL=mailto%3arammohanrao.b%40sonata-software.com> | <a href="tel:%2B91%209642340219" value="+919642340219" target="_blank">+91 9642340219 | www.sonata-software.com<https://mail.sonata-software.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=CR5j9NiYdEG6GqCH1x6-_psKazdHWNEIVCbgIwt9du0yGveQkKFbO4v7vtswKO1ztV4y3LBSws4.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sonata-software.com>