The notes are deleted when rule become inactive

The notes are deleted when rule become inactive

Marcin Zajączkowski
Hi,

It seems that notes added to the rule are removed when it becomes
inactive. I think it can be useful to be able to make a note why the
rule was disabled (e.g. is duplicated by some other note). Is this
behavior coded intentionally?

I tried to find a corresponding issue in JIRA, but without any success.

Regards
Marcin

Re: The notes are deleted when rule become inactive

Freddy Mallet
Hi Marcin,

You can choose either to :
  • Add a note on an "active" rule
  • Or to extend a rule description
If you choose to add a note on an "active" rule this rule disappears as soon as the rule is deactivated. If you choose to extend a rule description, you can access to this description whenever you want.

Kind regards,
Freddy

-----
Sonar for Continuous Inspection

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Marcin Zajączkowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

It seems that notes added to the rule are removed when it becomes inactive. I think it can be useful to be able to make a note why the rule was disabled (e.g. is duplicated by some other note). Is this behavior coded intentionally?

I tried to find a corresponding issue in JIRA, but without any success.

Regards
Marcin

Re: The notes are deleted when rule become inactive

Marcin Zajączkowski
Thanks for your reply.

On 2012-06-18 20:52, Freddy Mallet wrote:

> Hi Marcin,
>
> You can choose either to :
>
>    - *Add a note* on an "active" rule
>    - Or to *extend a rule description*
>
> If you choose to add a note on an "active" rule this rule disappears as
> soon as the rule is deactivated. If you choose to extend a rule
> description, you can access to this description whenever you want.

Yes, I already used a workaround with extending rule description, but
was just wondering if disappearing of a note had been done intentionally
or it is a bug. Your reply clarified it. Extending a rule description is
generally ok for me.

Regards
Marcin

--