Unable to use integration coverage with sonar-runner in multi-module project

Unable to use integration coverage with sonar-runner in multi-module project

Marcin Zajączkowski
Hello again,

As I described in
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.sonar.general/33235/ I'm not
able to force sonar-runner (sonar-jacoco-plugin) to use generated
integTest.exec due to a problem with:

> Project coverage is set to 0% since there is no directories with classes.

in the root project where integTest.exec is located. I have checked
examples and I have found only a project with single module that was
using sonar-runner and integration coverage data.

*Question*. Is it possible to use sonar-runner (with
sonar-project.properties) in multi-module project to process integration
coverage data generated by JaCoCo?

If case it is currently not supported please open an issue for it.

Marcin

--
http://blog.solidsoft.info/ - Working code is not enough

Re: Unable to use integration coverage with sonar-runner in multi-module project

Marcin Zajączkowski
On 2014-02-16 01:23, Marcin Zajączkowski wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> As I described in
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.sonar.general/33235/ I'm not
> able to force sonar-runner (sonar-jacoco-plugin) to use generated
> integTest.exec due to a problem with:
>
>> Project coverage is set to 0% since there is no directories with classes.
>
> in the root project where integTest.exec is located. I have checked
> examples and I have found only a project with single module that was
> using sonar-runner and integration coverage data.
>
> *Question*. Is it possible to use sonar-runner (with
> sonar-project.properties) in multi-module project to process integration
> coverage data generated by JaCoCo?

A mailing list as a rubber duck helped again :).

I was able to configure report path to:

> sonar.jacoco.reportPath=../build/jacoco/test.exec
> sonar.jacoco.itReportPath=../build/jacoco/integTest.exec

and for second level modules (a module mod1 which has its own submodules
mod1a and mod1b) to:

> mod1.sonar.jacoco.reportPath=../../build/jacoco/test.exec
> mod1.sonar.jacoco.itReportPath=../../build/jacoco/integTest.exec

Never the less it is very error prone and I hope there is a better way
to do that.

Marcin

--
http://blog.solidsoft.info/ - Working code is not enough