Using ClearCase with SonarQube

Kyle Smith
Hello SonarQube Users and Experts,

I am trying to analyze some source code from a ClearCase code repository. Can I do this using the sonar-runner program or should I use something like Maven?

If I use the sonar-runner program would I just create a sonar-project.properties file and specify the location of this code using the sonar.sources variable?

I am reading the SonarQube book by Manning Publications and looking at this online documentation on using sonar-runner here:http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Analyzing+with+SonarQube+Runner

Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thank-you for reading this.

Re: Using ClearCase with SonarQube

G. Ann Campbell
Once you've extracted your code from ClearCase, you should use sonar-runner unless your project is already built with Maven. As you say, you'll need to create a sonar-project.properties file with the minimum required properties.

Good luck,
Ann

P.S. Hope you're enjoying the book. :-)

G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource

Re: Using ClearCase with SonarQube

Kyle Smith

Thank-you

Awesome, thank-you for the helpful reply Ann. It is fantastic to receive a reply from one of the authors of SonarQube In Action.

Also, yes I am enjoying the book. It is easy, fun, and helpful to read. Great job on the book.

I wish there were more examples of connecting SonarQube and ClearCase for code analysis. I am about to do this for the first time and am somewhat confused.

To Recap:

So I just configure a sonar-project.properties file and then type the sonar-runner command?

Re: Using ClearCase with SonarQube

G. Ann Campbell
Thanks for your kind words. They mean a lot. :-)

Yes. sonar-project.properties in your project root. Cd into the project. Type sonar-runner.