Using Sonar as an SLA provider for oursourced development

Using Sonar as an SLA provider for oursourced development

Eduardo Macarron
Hi all,

We have been using some PMD+Checkstyle+FindBugs for defining SLAs with oursourcers.

We are planning to move to Sonar given that is is becoming the the-facto standard or at least it is commonly used internally by our providers.

Is any of you using Sonar for SLAs? Which messurements are you using? SQale? Technical debt? Issues? Tests?

Thank you!!

Re: Using Sonar as an SLA provider for oursourced development

David RACODON
Hi,

Our quality gate is:
  • No new critical/blocker issues since the baseline (quality status of the application at the beginning of the contract)
  • Condition coverage on new code >= 50%
  • No increase of the technical debt ratio since the baseline
Regards,

David RACODON
Freelance QA Consultant

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Eduardo Macarron <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

We have been using some PMD+Checkstyle+FindBugs for defining SLAs with
oursourcers.

We are planning to move to Sonar given that is is becoming the the-facto
standard or at least it is commonly used internally by our providers.

Is any of you using Sonar for SLAs? Which messurements are you using? SQale?
Technical debt? Issues? Tests?

Thank you!!

RE: Using Sonar as an SLA provider for oursourced development

jpfayolle
Hola Eduardo,

These posts on my blog may be of help:
. http://qualilogy.com/es/casos-de-uso-encajar-a-la-perfeccion/
. http://qualilogy.com/es/10-a-20-metricas/

And yes, I would stronlgy recommand to use the SQALE plugin:
. http://qualilogy.com/es/analisis-plsql-con-sonarqube-evaluar-la-calidad-3/
. http://qualilogy.com/es/aplicacion-legacy-refactoring-plugin-sqale-1/
. http://qualilogy.com/es/aplicacion-legacy-refactoring-plugin-sqale-2/

Un saludo.

Jean-Pierre FAYOLLE
Senior Consultant

RE: Using Sonar as an SLA provider for oursourced development

Alix LOURME
Hi Eduardo,

In our company, we are using Sqale for "SLA", to have only one visual indicator: if "green color" (A or B) it is OK, KO otherwise.
Sqale rating used: "0.02,0.05,0.1,0.5", for SQ v3.7 LTS and a quality profile who extends Sonar way + around 20 rules.

In complement, views plugin to aggregate this indicator by perimeter (business unit, entities ...).

Best regards.