"project_id" fields not populated in "project_measures" table

"project_id" fields not populated in "project_measures" table

Andre Creo

I want to use sonar's measures for research purposes. The problem is, I couldn't find a way of exporting the metric results from sonar itself, so I tried to extract the metrics from the sonar db. The problem is, that without having a "project_id" i am unable to connect the measurement to a specific class/method analyzed with sonar. I have attached a SS of MySQL Workbench, showing "null" values for IDs.

I am using sonar runner to analyze projects. The analyzed projects show up in localhost:9000.

Shortly said:
1. Is there a posibility of generating some sort of xml/csv/txt reports from within sonar with the measurements?
2. (If 1 not possible) Is the "project_id" not being populated a configuration mistake i made?
3. (If 1+2 = no) What is the algorithm used by sonar for saving into the db? If i know it, i could track measures to classes/methods...

Re: "project_id" fields not populated in "project_measures" table

Simon
Administrator
Hi Andre,

Sorry for the late reply but your email did not reach the mailing-list due to Codehaus infrastructure failures.

Database is not considered as an API. That means that it should not be used to extract data. You should use web services, particularly this one: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Web+Service+API#WebServiceAPI-Resources

And for information a plugin to export measures to CVS will be open-sourced in the next few weeks.

Regards