[sonar-dev] [ANN] Release Candidate of Sonar 2.12

[sonar-dev] [ANN] Release Candidate of Sonar 2.12

Simon
Administrator
We are pleased to announce that more than 100 issues have been fixed in this new version. Enjoy these new features :
  • Support inspection of Java7 projects.
  • New hotspot widgets
  • The JaCoCo plugin is improved and embedded in the distribution
  • Improve the Coverage by Integration Tests computed by JaCoCo. The detail of this measure is displayed in the Coverage tab (screenshot).
  • Improve detection of duplications (screenshot) :
    • Support groups of duplications. The previous version supported only pairs.
    • Display source code of another files involved in a duplication
    • Improve display of cross-projects duplications
  • Better handling of project events
  • Improve computation of LCOM4 on Java projects in order to remove false-positives.
As usual, this release candidate is not recommended to be used in production environments.
Any feedback will be much appreciated to help us deliver a bug-free release.

Thanks a lot to all the contributors.

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Release Candidate of Sonar 2.12

Ann Campbell
I'm testing this against my projects now.

So far, I've successfully analyzed my previously-problem project with the new duplications engine (yay!)

In looking at the new presentation of duplicated blocks I have three comments:

* I wish "Same file" were still used.
* The grouped presentation is an improvement over the previous presentation. Thanks :-)
* I still disagree about how overlapping duplications should be counted and believe my users will find it confusing at best. If there is a duplication of 21 lines, then of course it encloses a duplication of 19 lines. (As well as one of 20 lines, 18 lines & etc.):

And I kinda suspect something's gone wrong here, although I'm a bit confused myself (screenshot doesn't show all 62 reported blocks...):

Ann Campbell
Engineer-Systems Sr.-IS Prod Sys-Shop Floor Sys
Shaw Industries Inc.
201 South Hamilton Street
Dalton, GA 30720
Email: [hidden email]  Office: 706.275.3857

From:        Simon Brandhof <[hidden email]>
To:        [hidden email]
Date:        11/15/2011 05:20 AM
Subject:        [sonar-dev] [ANN] Release Candidate of Sonar 2.12

[...]

Release notes: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11694&version=17531
Download: http://dist.sonar.codehaus.org/sonar-2.12-RC2.zip
Upgrade Notes
:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SONAR/Release+2.12+Upgrade+Notes

Privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or are not responsible for delivery of this message to that person) , you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and notify the sender by reply e-mail.
If you or your employer do not consent to Internet e-mail for messages of this kind, please advise the sender.
Shaw Industries does not provide or endorse any opinions, conclusions or other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the company  or its subsidiaries.

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Release Candidate of Sonar 2.12 - Timeline widget acting oddly

Ann Campbell
I've included the History Table in my screenshot as an easy way to convey what the numbers should be at each end of the graph. Note that my blue,

This is taken on my localhost, where I don't have a lot of analysis history.

The project in question had a handful of analyses on the 2nd and then three today. Once I deleted the snapshots with 0 duplications - the ones from the 2nd (all run on 2.10, obviously,) the graph returned to normal:

Ann Campbell
Engineer-Systems Sr.-IS Prod Sys-Shop Floor Sys
Shaw Industries Inc.
201 South Hamilton Street
Dalton, GA 30720
Email: [hidden email]  Office: 706.275.3857

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] Release Candidate of Sonar 2.12 - Timeline widget acting oddly

Freddy Mallet
Hi Ann,

In this case, if my understanding is correct there isn't any bug. What do you expect Sonar to display in your first timeline snapshot ? Indeed for Sonar there are four snapshots including three on the same last day. But those tree last snapshots doesn't have the same measures that why you get this strange behavior :

Gmail - Re_ [sonar-dev] [ANN] Release Candidate of Sonar 2.12 - Timeline widget acting oddly - freddy.mallet@gmail.com.png

Freddy
-----
Sonar for Continuous Inspection

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 8:51 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've included the History Table in my screenshot as an easy way to convey what the numbers should be at each end of the graph. Note that my blue,

This is taken on my localhost, where I don't have a lot of analysis history.

The project in question had a handful of analyses on the 2nd and then three today. Once I deleted the snapshots with 0 duplications - the ones from the 2nd (all run on 2.10, obviously,) the graph returned to normal:

Ann Campbell
Engineer-Systems Sr.-IS Prod Sys-Shop Floor Sys
Shaw Industries Inc.
201 South Hamilton Street
Dalton, GA 30720
Email: [hidden email]  Office: <a href="tel:706.275.3857" value="+17062753857" target="_blank">706.275.3857