[sonar-dev] [ANN] SonarQube 5.0 RC3 is now available

[sonar-dev] [ANN] SonarQube 5.0 RC3 is now available

Fabrice Bellingard-4
Hi SonarQube Community,

Here is the first public release candidate of SonarQube 5.0.

The main features and noteworthy of this 5.0 version are:
  • Brand new Issues page designed to work efficiently on issues on a daily basis, thanks to:
    • Facets on multiple axes
    • Easy and fast navigation between issues and source code
    • Shortcuts on issue actions (type '?' to discover them)
  • SCM information built-support, with native integration for Git and SVN
    • Other SCM providers are supported through plugins
  • Support of '/' in branch names
  • End of Maven 2 support

Please remember that only Java 7 is supported as a runtime environment.
Please read the upgrade notes carefully.

To help us test this new version, here's all what you need to know:

Any feedback is highly appreciated.
Enjoy!

Best regards,

Fabrice BELLINGARD | SonarSource
SonarQube Platform Product Owner
http://sonarsource.com

[sonar-dev] Re: [sonar-user] [ANN] SonarQube 5.0 RC3 is now available

David RACODON
Hi guys,

I just had a quick look at Nemo. Nice job on the Issues page!

Here's some feedback:

  1. For better readability, it would be nice to localize numbers:
    For instance, 5,411 instead of 5411 for US English

    Inline image 2

  2. Issues are cut and there is no horizontal scrollbar:

    Inline image 1

  3. For consistency, it should read "false positive" instead of false-positive in the Issues Help window.

  4. There's no way to search for a specific file. Do you plan to add this feature soon?

  5. The SQALE characteristic is no longer displayed in the rule description. Is it an intended behavior?

  6. How are issues ordered?

  7. When clicking on a file:

    Inline image 4

    the page is never displayed. Same behavior on Chrome and Firefox:

    Inline image 3

    Same behavior on the Issues Drilldown page:

    Inline image 5
Regards,

David RACODON
Freelance QA Consultant

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Fabrice Bellingard <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://sonarsource.com

Re: [sonar-dev] [ANN] SonarQube 5.0 RC3 is now available

dcruette

Hi

I am trying to upgrade my plugin source code to V5.0-RC3

I am facing an issue : org.sonar.api.utils.Logs , org.sonar.api.rules.RuleRepository and  org.sonar.api.rules.XMLRuleParser non longer exist.

Any help please ?

Didier

Le 19.12.2014 16:04, Fabrice Bellingard a écrit :

[...]

Stas Vilchik
Hi David,

For better readability, it would be nice to localize numbers

I will handle this while working on https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SONAR-5926

Issues are cut and there is no horizontal scrollbar

There a scrollbar at the end of source.

There's no way to search for a specific file. Do you plan to add this feature soon?

We have plans to improve drilldown mechanism in 5.1.

How are issues ordered?

By component, then by line number (and then by key).

Stas VILCHIK | SonarSource
Web Developer

[sonar-dev] Re: [sonar-user] [ANN] SonarQube 5.0 RC3 is now available

David RACODON
Hi Stas,

I'll open a new thread for each matter. It'll be much simpler to follow.

Regards,

David RACODON
Freelance QA Consultant

Hi David,

Web Developer

[sonar-dev] Re: [sonar-user] [ANN] SonarQube 5.0 RC3 is now available

David RACODON
Hi,

> How are issues ordered?
By component, then by line number (and then by key).

Yes, I can see that.
But how are the components ordered? It doesn't seem to be an alphabetical order? Is it random? Each time I run the query, I'll get a different order.

Thank you

Regards,

David RACODON
Freelance QA Consultant

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 12:55 PM, David Racodon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Fwd: [sonar-dev] Re: [sonar-user] [ANN] SonarQube 5.0 RC3 is now available

Freddy Mallet
@Stas and @Fabrice, in a perfect world, I would expect to get the issues by components, then by line number but having the components sorted by the dates of the most recent issues they contain.

Otherwise, clicking on Issues would always display the same non valuable result, see Nemo : http://nemo.sonarqube.org/issues

++

-----
SonarQube for Continuous Inspection

Re: [sonar-dev] Re: [sonar-user] [ANN] SonarQube 5.0 RC3 is now available

Simon Brandhof
Freddy,

I fully understand your proposal but I'm afraid that's not feasible technically. Let's discuss about alternatives internally.

Regards

Simon BRANDHOF | SonarSource
http://twitter.com/SimonBrandhof