[sonar-dev] Custom rule - HTML documentation contribution

[sonar-dev] Custom rule - HTML documentation contribution

Alix LOURME

Hi,

I want improve my custom rules documentation with compliant/nonCompliant snippet code (very useful in usage).

Like S00118.html (rule key for BadAbstractClassName_S00118_Check.java), I create file src/main/resources/org/sonar/l10n/java/rules/squid/MyKey.html, but not displayed in rule page.

Using HTML in description attribute of @Rule annotation works … but not very convenient for <pre> HTML tag and "complex" format.

=> Is HTML file documentation supported with custom rule? (or this key-file-mapping mechanism is only for internal squid).

Technical information : SQ 4.5.4 / Java plugin 3.1

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Alix.

Re: [sonar-dev] Custom rule - HTML documentation contribution

michal.chudy
Hey, I encountered same problem. If you found solution, you can reply to following Stackoverflow question.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30698014/how-to-specify-sonarqube-rule-description-as-a-markdown-html-resource-file-inste

Otherwise, you can still up-vote it :-) and subscribe.