[sonar-dev] Fwd: Language for plugin

El alaoui Mohamed Reda

Hi Every one,

i have a new plugin and i'd like to make 2 languages english and spanish for the same plugin how can i active the Translation for my plugin binding with the spanish pack plugin

thank's

Mohamed Reda, El alaoui

Re: [sonar-dev] Fwd: Language for plugin

Antonio Calero
Hi!

Could you please share more information about your plugin? Is it opensource or commercial? We are the active contributors of the Spanish Pack and can help you with the internationalization...

I think you should start taking a look at:

If your plugin is independent, it must embed its own bundles.

Let me know if you need any help.

Best regards.
Antonio.

Hi Every one,

i have a new plugin and i'd like to make 2 languages english and spanish for the same plugin how can i active the Translation for my plugin binding with the spanish pack plugin

thank's

--

Mohamed Reda, El alaoui

Re: [sonar-dev] Fwd: Language for plugin

Jérôme Kowalczyk
Hi !!!

I followed the documentation to embed my own bundles in a language different from english (org/sonar/l10n/<plugin key>_<language>.properties) but I'm facing another problem.

How do I change the language of my sonarqube instance?

I tried to install the targeted language pack, thinking it would change the language of the whole application. But it is not the case. It is a mix between the language of the pack I installed and the default language of my plugin, i.e english. I conclude my bundle is ignored.

Is there an option somewhere I missed?

Regards

Jerome

On 29/01/2015 12:29, Antonio Calero wrote:
Hi!

Could you please share more information about your plugin? Is it opensource or commercial? We are the active contributors of the Spanish Pack and can help you with the internationalization...

I think you should start taking a look at:

If your plugin is independent, it must embed its own bundles.

Let me know if you need any help.

Best regards.
Antonio.

Hi Every one,

i have a new plugin and i'd like to make 2 languages english and spanish for the same plugin how can i active the Translation for my plugin binding with the spanish pack plugin

thank's

--

Mohamed Reda, El alaoui

Re: [sonar-dev] Fwd: Language for plugin

Simon Brandhof
Hi Jerome

How do I change the language of my sonarqube instance?

Server does not have such configuration. Language is sent by browser.

I tried to install the targeted language pack, thinking it would change the language of the whole application. But it is not the case. It is a mix between the language of the pack I installed and the default language of my plugin, i.e english. I conclude my bundle is ignored.

Administration pages are not translated and are always in English. If there are still some mixes of languages in other pages, that means that the installed language bundle is not complete.

Re: [sonar-dev] Fwd: Language for plugin

El alaoui Mohamed Reda
Hi,
My plugin internationalization works well in the two languages with sonar version 3.7.4 but not works with the last sonar version 4.5.2
there is any way to solve it ?

thanks

Hi Jerome

How do I change the language of my sonarqube instance?

Server does not have such configuration. Language is sent by browser.

I tried to install the targeted language pack, thinking it would change the language of the whole application. But it is not the case. It is a mix between the language of the pack I installed and the default language of my plugin, i.e english. I conclude my bundle is ignored.

Administration pages are not translated and are always in English. If there are still some mixes of languages in other pages, that means that the installed language bundle is not complete.

Mohamed Reda, El alaoui

Re: [sonar-dev] Fwd: Language for plugin

El alaoui Mohamed Reda
Hi,

No answer ?!!!

Thank's

[...]

You should provide more contextual information to help us understand the problem.

Thanks

Simon BRANDHOF | SonarSource
http://twitter.com/SimonBrandhof

On 16 February 2015 at 16:41, El alaoui Mohamed Reda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

No answer ?!!!

Thank's

[...]

I'm working on a plugin that embeds its own i18n context, regarding the documentation here :
http://docs.sonarqube.org/display/SONAR/Internationalization#Internationalization-Howtolocalizeanindependentplugin

Here is my folder structure under src/main/resources :
org.sonar.l10n.$myPluginKey.properties
org.sonar.l10n.$myPluginKey_en.properties
org.sonar.l10n.$myPluginKey_es.properties

org.sonar.l10n.$myPluginKey.rules.$myPluginName.$myRuleKey.html
org.sonar.l10n.$myPluginKey_en.rules.$myPluginName.$myRuleKey.html
org.sonar.l10n.$myPluginKey_es.rules.$myPluginName.$myRuleKey.html

The internationalisation works as well, in sonar 3.7.4 version (I only test with LTS versions). The change of the browser language changes the language of my rule messages.
But for a reason that I ignore, it doesn't work with 4.5.2 version. Whatever the language of my browser, the language of my rule message is always the default one, i.e english.

Furthermore, the documentation describes how to deal with the rule description for version prior to 4.2. As I mentionned, the internationalisation works well, for the rule description in version 3.7.4.
But the assessment is the same as the one for the rule messages for version 4.5.2 : the change of the browser language is
without effect, the language is still the default one. Is the mechanism still available for the latest versions?

Is there something I missed ?
Thanks for your help

Reda

[...]

G. Ann Campbell
You're not doing anything wrong. i18n has been deprecated for rules.

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Owner

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 9:14 AM, El alaoui Mohamed Reda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Rather, i18n has been removed for rules.

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Owner