[sonar-dev] Hosting Plugin

Ryan Timmons

Hello,

I had a clarification question about hosting our Sonar plug-in.

Is having the source code available on a public repository sufficient for hosting the Sonar plugin on the Forge?

We have several dependencies for building our plugin and it would be easier to maintain the code in one location.  Here would be our public repo.

Thank You,

Ryan Timmons | ThreadFix Developer III

1354 N Loop 1604 E, STE 110

San Antonio, TX 78232

http://www.denimgroup.com

DENIM GROUP | The Leading Secure Software Development Firm

Re: [sonar-dev] Hosting Plugin

Fabrice Bellingard-4
Hi Ryan,

you might know that Codehaus services are about to shut down, so the Plugins Forge as we used to know it is also evolving. We encourage Community plugins to use GitHub features to manage their documentation (Wiki service) and bugs/feature requests (Issues service).

Having said this, I see no problem if you want to maintain the source code of your plugin in your own GitHub repository along with its documentation and issues. And we'll reference your plugin in http://docs.sonarqube.org/display/SONAR/External+Plugins.

Is that fine for you?

Best regards,

Fabrice BELLINGARD | SonarSource
SonarQube Platform Product Manager
http://sonarsource.com

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 10:33 PM, Ryan Timmons <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I had a clarification question about hosting our Sonar plug-in.

Is having the source code available on a public repository sufficient for hosting the Sonar plugin on the Forge?

We have several dependencies for building our plugin and it would be easier to maintain the code in one location.  Here would be our public repo.

Thank You,

Ryan Timmons | ThreadFix Developer III

1354 N Loop 1604 E, STE 110

San Antonio, TX 78232

http://www.denimgroup.com

DENIM GROUP | The Leading Secure Software Development Firm

RE: [sonar-dev] Hosting Plugin

Ryan Timmons

Hello Fabrice,

Thank you for directing my attention to the Plugin Library section.  Having information about our plugin there while maintaining the source and documentation on GitHub would be the perfect solution for us.

Thank you for your response.

Ryan Timmons | ThreadFix Developer III

1354 N Loop 1604 E, STE 110

San Antonio, TX 78232

http://www.denimgroup.com

DENIM GROUP | The Leading Secure Software Development Firm

RE: [sonar-dev] Hosting Plugin

Ryan Timmons

For the plugin description, could we update it to something more descriptive.

Perhaps:

The ThreadFix plugin allows importing results from most major commercial and open source static and dynamic application security scanning tools, such as AppScan, WebInspect, Fortify, Checkmarx, BurpSuite and many others.