[sonar-dev] Plugin Development Licensing Question

[sonar-dev] Plugin Development Licensing Question

Deven Phillips
Question about licensing plugins. I noticed that the instructions for starting a new plugin (http://docs.sonarqube.org/display/SONAR/Hosting+on+the+Forge) show that the License is LGPL... Are other licenses allowed?

I am starting work on an OAuth2 plug-in which will basically mirror the functionality of the OpenID plug-in. I would prefer to license my work under the Apache License 2.0, if at all possible..

Deven

Re: [sonar-dev] Plugin Development Licensing Question

Simon Brandhof
Hi Deven,

Any business-friendly license is allowed (LGPL, Apache 2, MIT, BSD but not GPL for example)

Regards

Simon BRANDHOF | SonarSource
Tech Lead & Co-Founder
http://twitter.com/SimonBrandhof

Deven

Re: [sonar-dev] Plugin Development Licensing Question

G. Ann Campbell
Yes. Take a look at Widget Lab. Copyright goes to the organization(s) listed in the pom.

---
G. Ann CAMPBELL | SonarSource
Product Owner