[sonar-dev] [SONARJS] Avoid trailing whitespaces - False Positive in JS Doc comments

[sonar-dev] [SONARJS] Avoid trailing whitespaces - False Positive in JS Doc comments

Adam Gabryś
Hi,
I have a block of code with JSDoc:

1.   /**
2.    * Method description.
3.    *
4.    * @param param1 param description.
5.    * @param param2 param description.
6.    */
7.    this.getSomething = function(param1, param2) {
8.        // body
9.    };

I have got an issue at the 3 line: Remove the useless trailing whitespaces at the end of this line. Standard JavaScript formatter add one space after all * (the same effects as in the JavaDoc). I think in this case it shouldn’t be markd as an issue.

Regards,
    Adam Gabryś

Re: [sonar-dev] [SONARJS] Avoid trailing whitespaces - False Positive in JS Doc comments

Linda Martin
Hello Adam,

What are you exactly talking about by "Standard JavaScript formatter"? Are you thinking about a specific tool ?
If yes which one ? Is there a specific reason why it is adding a trailing whitespace after all "*" ?

Thanks for your feedback,

Best regards,

Linda.

    Adam Gabryś

Re: [sonar-dev] [SONARJS] Avoid trailing whitespaces - False Positive in JS Doc comments

Adam Gabryś
Hi,
Sorry, I use Eclipse formatter ;) All Eclipse formatters add space after * (Java too).

Regards,
    Adam Gabryś

java-code-formatter.xml (33K) Download Attachment

Re: [sonar-dev] [SONARJS] Avoid trailing whitespaces - False Positive in JS Doc comments

Linda Martin
Hi Adam,

Sorry for the late reply. I don't see any reason here to make an exception for the space after the "*" in multiline comment.
Moreover, as it is configurable you could easily update the setting if this space has no specific reason to be there.

Best regards,

Linda.