[sonar-dev] [VOTE] Java plugin version 3.2

[sonar-dev] [VOTE] Java plugin version 3.2

Nicolas Peru
Hi to all,

We would like to release version 3.2 of the java plugin.

This version brings the following features :

- Rule about Conditions that always evaluate to true or false.
- Rule about Unclosed resources.
- Rules dedicated to test code (with introduction of sonar.java.test.binaries and sonar.java.test.libraries properties)
- 4 new other rules.

Thanks to Samuel Mercier and Michael Gumowski for their hard work on this release.

Issues solved:

You can test this version using the following snapshot :

In order to use the rules dedicated to test you will need to feed the two properties sonar.java.test.binaries and sonar.java.test.libraries.

If you are using maven, please use the latest maven plugin (version 2.6, going under vote at time of writing) that will feed those properties for you.

Vote is open for 72 hours.

A kindly reminder that you can only vote if you test the plugin : http://docs.sonarqube.org/display/SONAR/Releasing+a+Plugin

Any feedback, as ever, more than welcome !

Nicolas PERU | SonarSource
Senior Developer
http://sonarsource.com

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Java plugin version 3.2

Michel Pawlak
Hi Nicolas,

I wish I could test this release as I was really waiting for rules dedicated to test code. Unfortunately your message was sent on Friday evening and I won't be able to test it until Monday evening. I hope you'll get +1's from people having tested the plugin !

One question though : this version requires the new version of Maven plugin, but what about Jenkins plugin, will it select the right Maven plugin version or do we have to do anything special ?

Have a great week end,

Michel

Re: [sonar-dev] [VOTE] Java plugin version 3.2

Julien HENRY
Hi Michel,

what about Jenkins plugin, will it select the right Maven plugin version
or do we have to do anything special ?

By default the Jenkins plugin runs mvn sonar:sonar so it means latest release available on central. If you want to use the 2.6 mojo version you have to add the staged repository to your Nexus. But that's a bit dangerous in case the release is canceled since cleaning up will be complex. I suggest you do the test locally and use it on Jenkins only when final release is done.

++

Julien

[sonar-dev] Re: [VOTE] Java plugin version 3.2

Nicolas Peru
Hi to all,

Vote is now closed and pass by lazy consensus.

Release will happen shortly.

Cheers,

Nicolas PERU | SonarSource
Senior Developer